You can search the internet and meeting moving companies in Athens, Georgia one by one to find help for your next move. Match quotes from hundreds of long distance movers or local movers near you at no cost and no obligation. Movers must possess the proper operating authority needed to work as a household goods carrier. Each mover must have the appropriate amount of insurance coverage needed to transport household goods.
Interstate moving companies in Athens, Georgia 30609 (i.e. state-to-state) must provide valid USDOT and/or MC license numbers. Intrastate (local) movers (i.e. within state lines) must provide valid license numbers based on imposed state or federal requirements. Movers may use only their Legal or DBA (doing-business-as) Name in their interactive advertising campaign. Each mover has acknowledged and agreed to that the resale and/or redistribution of leads is strictly prohibited.
Whether you plan on relocating across town, to another state, or halfway around the globe, you"ll want moving companies in Clarke County, Georgia you can depend on to get you there. And that"s where Movers.com comes in. We"re here to help you every step of the way, from planning the move to unpacking that last box and settling into your home. The first step toward a successful move is to fill out our free quotes form. You"ll soon get moving quotes from the best moving companies in the country. Competitive moving estimates are just a few clicks away!
We know how frustrating it is to deal with unprofessional companies, and that"s why we only work with top-notch professional movers. All of our pre-screened moving companies must fulfill state and federal regulatory compliance and maintain the mandatory levels of insurance required by law. Each month, we make sure these companies are keeping up their ends of the bargain and providing the best services possible to their customers. We"re not afraid to drop a company that doesn"t meet these standards from our network, and we never encourage movers with poor track records to work with us.
Avoid Moving Fraud in Athens, Georgia
While most moving companies are reputable businesses that do quality work, some companies use fraudulent practices. They may:
Demand cash upfront before the move
Avoid giving you a written estimate
Ask you to sign a blank contract in advance
Only have one cell phone number as a contact and no local physical address
Show up to your house with a rental truck with no company logo on it
Give you a quote over the phone without any onsite inspection of your goods
Give you a low price and change the estimate substantially at your destination
Hold your belongings hostage until you pay more money
How to Hire Movers
Keep in mind these tips to save a little cash in Athens:
- Mind your timing. Moving company rates are higher at the beginning and end of the month, when most leases are up, and on weekends. If you can take a day or two off midweek or mid month, your wallet will benefit.
- Consider going halvsies. Hire movers (or local college/high school students) on either end to help you load and unload the rental truck. Or for a long-distance move, consider “self-service movers" who drop off a truck for you to load, then drive the truck to your new home for you to unload.
- Do your homework. Moving companies are among the most complained-about businesses in the U.S. Get references, and look for complaints and reviews at the Better Business Bureau and Yelp.
- Do some of the work yourself. Pack your own boxes, or even just get things inside more mover-friendly (unplug appliances, roll up rugs, disassemble anything you can) shaves off time and therefore saves you on the hourly rate.
- If you hire anyone, you want them to be reliable and careful — and not overcharge you. Get detailed written estimates from at least three movers, and have them do an in-home inspection instead of estimating by phone or email.
Ready to move in Athens, Georgia?
List of cities we serve near 30609:
- Park View Homes
- Broad Acres
- Stonemill Run
- Broadacres Homes
- Spring Valley Estates
- Wonderland Estates
- Carriage Hills
- Northridge Park
You’ve found your dream home and sold your old home – and now, it’s time to move! Don’t let just any mover handle your upcoming relocation. To find trustworthy moving professionals to move your belongings, check Moving.com’s extensive network of reputable and reliable movers. All relocation companies in our network are licensed and insured, so you can rest assured that your move will be in good hands. Good luck and happy moving!